Dog Walker (Part-Time)
We are looking for a compassionate pet lover and community-minded individual to join a busy and continually growing dog walking service in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.
This position requires you to have a vehicle (car/bike) to be considered.
An ideal candidate should be very punctual, have a strong attention to detail, and be highly responsible. The job responsibilities of a Dog Walker at Bark Bark Club can take on many roles, from being an exercise companion, food provider, security guard, or loving care provider. No matter the role the dog needs, this job is not one to take lightly. Challenges will arise while walking dogs, and having a strong sense of the surrounding environment and remaining calm during tense situations is an absolute must.
If you like working outdoors, having everyday be different from the last, working as part of a cohesive team, and love animals of all types then this job is for you!
• Pass a criminal background check
• Reliable vehicle (with valid insurance)
• You must have a passion for dogs, and be comfortable with all breeds, sizes and temperaments (you will never be expected to handle aggressive dogs or dogs you are not comfortable with)
• A smartphone with access to the internet
• Being able to work outdoors in every type of weather condition (especially cold/rainy/warm weather)
• Direct deposit into a bank account of your choice
• The ideal candidate would be someone that lives in or near the neighborhood of Edgewater
• Previous experience with dogs is strongly preferred
• Having a previous position in some sort of customer service role
• Taking care of cats (scooping litter, feeding, and interacting) is strongly preferred
• Being available for some of the major holidays of the year
• Flexibility with daily start and end times